Hair Removal….how to get rid of unwanted hair forever!
What do you need to know about permanent hair removal?
Is this your problem….unsightly and unwanted body hair?
are you at your wits end trying to find the perfect hair removal system?
Whatever it is by doing some research here to find the never ending list of products and services available is a great way to start. Understanding your own body and lifestyle is also a huge help – what suits one person may not necessarily suit another. But the good thing is – there is something suitable for everyone.
Popular Methods of Hair Removal.
- Shaving – obviously only a temporary method but it is cheap! Come the next day and it is nearly time for another one.
- Plucking – cheap again as you only need a pair of tweezers but it is very time consuming because you have to pull each hair out one by one – ouch! Probably ok for that odd random hair around the eyebrows but can cause an irritation – many women won’t use this method because of that “old wives tale” – two will grow back for the one you plucked. It is just a myth.
- Waxing – used over larger areas like the legs especially by women. It is a pretty fast way to get the job done but it may bring a tear to your eye first time round. Men – beware – it works well, lasts for four to six weeks but is not for the feint hearted. Wax also removes the top layer of skin so you may see some redness or even a rash occur. But again it is another very affordable method of hair removal.
- Hair removal cream – also known as depilatories. These creams are nice and easy to use and work by basically dissolving the hairs which you then just wipe off – so it is easy to do at home. Some people have better results than others so you will just have to do a little testing – a lot less painless than waxing and good for home hair removal.
- Electrolysis hair removal – works really well for small localized areas of hair and is pretty much a permanent job. It is done by placing a needle in the hair follicle through which an electric current is delivered. Since each hair has to be treated individually it takes a considerable amount of time and can be costly for large areas. It is recommended you seek the services of a professional here and don’t try doing this at home as it is a difficult procedure.
Laser hair removal – if you are sick and tired of the daily or weekly ritual of creaming, shaving or waxing and want a more permanent solution then this is for you. Thanks to modern science laser hair removal is the most recent technique that appears to provide good and permanent results. Basically, the larger the area of unwanted hair, for example back or legs, the greater the number of treatments required. This could be a key factor in your decision to use this procedure as treatments can be rather expensive for large areas.
So what’s the best method of hair removal for you?
Trial and error and the depth of your pockets will be your guide…the main thing is do what you are comfortable with and do plenty of research.
Depending on your lifestyle and budget it would appear that the one providing some of the best outcomes is laser hair removal.